Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Session Nine 6-24-09

Session 9 of HBOT with Sevyn
(diagnosis autism age 3)
6-24-09
Today’s session was in the morning at 10:45. Sevyn was pretty calm when we came in and he jumped right into the chamber again. I hid the DVD player during compression and we talked about the stars again. He was really sweet to me and gave me a big hug. As soon as we reached full compression I told him “first mask then sponge bob” and he let me put the mask around his neck. At the same time I got the DVD player out and turned on his cartoon. He wore the mask as necklace the whole time!! It was great. I could tell the oxygen was getting to his nose and mouth and he was tolerating it! I tried moving the mask up onto his face several times, but no luck. I was just pleased he had it close to his face! I struggled with turning off the DVD player at the end of the session today, but he got over it and with time and patience he’ll get used to me turning it off when we decompress. He said “ we did it” again today when the zippers opened! I love it! After HBOT we went swimming at the pool with a Cranio Sacral therapist Sevyn worked with throughout 2008. She was really amazed by how calm and focused Sevyn was and how healthy looking he is these days! No poop at all today and he seems a little bloated. Skill time was really good today though! We got through all of our colors, shapes, and started to work on letters before he started yelling “all done”! After a break and a snack we came back and got through half the alphabet. I had him sit in a chair from school with buckles (like he would at school) for some circle time songs to work on attending and learning some of the hand gestures. He did alright with this and sang most of the song “Wheels on the bus” with me while doing about 1/4 of the gestures! Improvement YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment